Branding, branding, branding. Creating a business has so many unique steps and branding is an important one!
Yes, on a surface level your branding consists of your logo, colour scheme, fonts… but it actually goes much deeper! You need to start thinking about your brand strategy.
What the heck is a brand strategy?! Let’s talk about it- What is it? Why do you need one? And how do you create a successful one?
Just keep reading…
What is a brand strategy?
Your brand is how customers view you as a company, product, or service. So, your brand strategy is a plan to guide how you communicate with consumers. This is a plan to achieve your goals which stems from consumers being able to identify and prefer your brand.
A brand strategy is made up of the following elements:
- Your brand– the essence of who you are
- Your goals– ambitions as a business owner
- And the user- your audience’s needs
Basically, it incorporates your brand mission, your promises to customers, and how these are communicated. To start with the basics, you need to identify:
- Your mission: A description of your business
- Your vision: Where do you see your brand? What are your goals?
- And your positioning statement: The unique space in the market where you operate.
Why do you need a branding strategy?
Creating a brand strategy is incredibly important because it clearly lays out the guidelines for how you will communicate with your customers. It ensures you stay consistent with your messaging.
The more consistent you are with your brand, the more likely you are to attract loyal customers and improve your brand recognizability.
A brand strategy will also help guide your marketing strategy. It clearly lays out your purpose and how to engage with customers.
How do you create a successful brand strategy?
Your goal, when creating a branding strategy is simple: to let the world know that your company exists, its purpose, and what defines it.
Measuring the success of your branding strategy isn’t always easy, especially because it involves intangible elements that cannot be easily-quantified.
The way you decide how to measure success will be different from other brands and that’s okay! Since most businesses generally use the same elements in their strategies, we have created some questions to help you begin thinking about your branding strategy:
- What are your brand’s goals?
- What problems will your brand solve? How will it benefit consumers?
- What is your ideal client avatar?
- How will customers feel when they encounter your brand?
- Who are your major competitors? How are they interacting with customers?
- What is the personality of your brand?
- How will your personality help you achieve your goals?
- How will you engage with customers?
Answering these questions will help you get started in drafting your strategy! We sincerely hope this helped you and wish you the best of luck with your brand!